Saturday, August 2, 2014

5 Day Eating Clean Challenge

Truth: I struggle with food. This is the first time that I have admitted that even to myself. Really I never thought it was a problem. I have tip toed and danced myself around it for years. Recently I picked up a book that I truly believe will change the course of my life.

I don't know about any of you but genetically I wasn't blessed with the eat anything you want and still look fabulous gene. What I eat in private always shows in public. God has a funny sense of humor with me.

I've discovered that it is more about me lacking self-control in that area that causes a cycle of my weight going up and down. See, I have a bad case of eat what I want and I although technically we eat clean there are periods of time and certain things that I will conveniently forget that I ate and they have a sneaky little way of showing up in my results or lack thereof.

I've lost weight before. I know the what and the how... Many people do too, those things aren't secret and there is no lack of ways to do that. The missing link for me and maybe many of you is the the want to.... Really wanting to make the changes and deciding that the results of those changes are worth the sacrifice.

Sacrifice is hard and no one wants to do it but it's necessary to achieve what we want. For too long, I'd get a donut in the grocery store (it's just one) or just eat a little of that fried chicken, come on it was only one wing, one glass of sweet tea, maybe I'm at a birthday party with the boys ... It's a party right... What's a little kiddie cupcake (there is so much left over) oh and you know they cut those pizza slices super small it won't even count because I worked out earlier... Any of this sound familiar?

We don't keep snacks and junk in our home but it's the out and about that gets me. It's the uncounted treats, the little of this, little of that, the I just had a taste, the I only ate half, the it's not mine, that hurts us. Those are the things we don't count and say well I stuck to my diet I don't understand why I'm not seeing the results I want. Hmmm.... Could it possibly be the little secrets you don't count?

Don't get me wrong, nothing is really wrong with any of those and I will probably continue to have them but only when they fit in my plan of action, when they don't fit I must acquit...lol.

So why are you telling us this....and what is this really about? Well one I'm telling you because I felt if I face that truth publicly I have to fix it... It's no longer secret and I also know that I'm not the only one. I wanted to free some people and let them know that the cat is out of the bag but the good news is.. We can fix it.

I am going to be personally going on a new journey of self discovery with a 5 Day Clean Eating journey.

So I am starting a small test group of women who want to stop starting over, get fit, learn how to eat in a healthy way that your family will enjoy.

If that's you or you know someone that could benefit from this type of group and accountability please share 

Apply here and invite a friend. Together we are more


No comments:

Post a Comment